6.19.2008

'Husbands and Wives' (1992)

'Husbands and Wives' was the first Woody Allen movie that got me 'hooked' on him. Of course I had seen 'Annie Hall' and 'Manhattan' - but 'Husbands and Wives' was the one that made me want to see his brilliant late 70s/80s stuff ('Interiors,' 'September,' 'Hannah and Her Sisters,' 'Another Woman,' 'Crimes and Misdemeanors,' etc., etc.) - and the love affair continues ('Casandra's Dream' was amazingly overlooked by critics). I can really appreciate just about everything he does - (sans 'Curse of the Jade Scorpion' w/ habitually hideous Helen Hunt) - even Jason Biggs (barf) makes me laugh in 'Anything Else.' My point, see 'Husbands and Wives' if you haven't already - and if you have, see it again.

Love,
Previous Life Video Store Employee Geek (that would recommend 'Fearless' to just about every customer...which is just hysterically funny + ironic (my fear of flying) at the same time)